Practice Leaders - New Markets
Pluris is seeking candidates for practice leadership positions in geographic areas outside of our current office locations (i.e., locations other than the New York City and San Francisco areas).
With our innovative research, access to completely unique (and uniquely valuable) valuation data from the secondary markets, and intensive press coverage, Pluris Valuation Advisors has become a nationally known valuation practice in less than five years. As a result, we are well-positioned to capitalize on our brand and intellectual properties through geographic expansion.
For candidates with proven business development track records in their local markets, Pluris provides superior marketing and PR support to further support practice growth. We are also highly interested in candidates that are currently in valuation management positions, but do not have current business development responsibilities. For those candidates, Pluris provides the opportunity to take the next step in your career.
These positions require a great degree of individual effort and are only suitable for candidates with a highly entrepreneurial mindset. Successful candidates will be responsible for:
- Business Development and Sales
- Proactive outreach to current contacts and prospecting for new contacts among law firms, accounting firms, or other clients advisors;
- Negotiate new valuation relationships and fee arrangements, and prepare retainer letters;
- Participate in research on valuation issues and preparing regular updates to our clients and referral sources; and
- Contribute to the profession through writing for professional journals and/or speaking at professional conferences.
- Management of Valuation Process
- Manage client relationships;
- Manage the preparation and review of valuation analyses and contribute to the firm-wide valuation review process; and
- Direct junior staff towards on-time completion of valuation deliverables.
- Recruitment, Development, and Management
- Identify candidates and conduct interviews for analyst positions;
- Implement ongoing on-the-job training;
- Monitor performance of junior staff;
- Staff valuation assignments; and
- Assist in the management of the analyst internship program.
Successful candidates will demonstrate the following skills and characteristics:
- Able and motivated to develop business through direct and aggressive sales efforts;
- Broad network of contacts among valuation clients and referral sources;
- Thorough understanding of financial, investment and valuation theory and application;
- Strong attention to detail in reviewing financial models and valuation analyses;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Proven track record of successful leadership and mentoring of junior staff;
- Desire to continually improve products and services through independent research;
- Ability to work effectively both individually and as part of a team;
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple assignments simultaneously; and
- Seeking to join an early-stage firm with significant long-term equity appreciation potential.
- Proven success in business development;
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience; and
- Minimum of 3 years successful leadership experience mentoring staff.
- Salary plus bonus based on achieving targets with respect to the revenues and profits of the group;
- Benefit package includes medical, dental, vision, FSA, life insurance, disability, 401(k), sick leave, vacation, and holidays.
Any geographic location in the United States considered.
For consideration, please submit your resume, in confidence, with cover letter to email@example.com